Apply for Postgraduate Study
For all other Postgraduate Education and Health programmes you can apply online with myUC, the University of Canterbury's student portal.
Information you may need to apply
You may need the following information on hand to apply with myUC:
- Details of the qualifications and courses you plan to study
- Verified transcripts if your study was completed outside the University of Canterbury - Copies must be certified as a true and accurate copy by a JP, solicitor, Notary Public, Officer of the issuing institution or school principal.
Curriculum Vitae CV
A one page A4, PDF CV outlining your work history, qualifications and interests relevant to your application is recommended. This can be uploaded within myUC in support of your application.
A CV will be required for the following programmes:
- Postgraduate Diploma in and Master of Specialist Teaching – CV should include teacher registration number and two referees to comment on suitability to teach
- Postgraduate Diploma in and Master of Education endorsed in Hōaka Pounamu – CV should include information on Te Reo language proficiency and experience in bilingual and/ or immersion programmes
- Postgraduate Diploma in and Master of Education endorsed in Leadership – CV should include information on teaching career to date and leadership roles within this.
Other Useful Information
Postgraduate Study Frequently Asked Questions
Masters Thesis Students should refer to the College of Education, Health and Human Development Masters Thesis Enrolment Process.
Associate teachers of the University of Canterbury College of Education, Health and Human Development may be eligible for some remission of fees. More information is available on the Scholarships page.
TeachNZ provides a number of Study Awards, Sabbaticals and Study Support Grants. Applications are usually due in June and July for the following year of study. More information is available on the TeachNZ website.
Enrolment Offer (will be emailed to you)
- Your enrolment will not proceed until you have completed the process(es) outline above.
- An Enrolment Offer will be sent to you once Admission to the University, your programme and courses, and all other requirements have been met. You must accept or decline the Enrolment Offer. Ensure you check your courses, semester indicators and site codes before accepting the offer.
- Once you have accepted the Enrolment Offer and paid your fees, an email will confirm that you are enrolled (ENR Status). The email will advise you of details for the Canterbury Card and your timetable for on-campus courses. Distance materials will be posted when you are fully enrolled.
- If you are a domestic student with a degree from a non-university tertiary institution in New Zealand or overseas you will need to apply for Admission Ad Eundem Statum. If you do not hold a degree but believe you may meet eligibility criteria please contact a Student Advisor in the College of Education, Health and Human Development.
- To pay by Student Loan you must first apply to StudyLink. You should apply now, indicating that you authorise fees to be paid to UC on the Loan Application. Contact StudyLink (StudyLink website) if you need a student loan.
- What do you need to study? Computer/Internet Access and Course Material
Still unsure about your postgraduate programme and course options?
The College of Education, Health and Human Development offers many postgraduate programmes and courses. Click here to view postgraduate options in Education. Click here to view postgraduate options in Health Sciences.
If you have any questions regarding your Application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .