e-Learning Research Lab
The College of Education, Health and Human Development e-Learning Lab leads research and development of e-learning including creative and innovative approaches to learning and teaching plus professional and organisational evolution for more effective education.
A blend of research, courses, events, and resources across New Zealand and internationally includes international networks in which we provide leadership. We build capacity in collaboration with our researchers, practitioners, students and their communities, including Indigenous Peoples.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Education (e-Learning and Digital Technologies) (PGDipEd) is our flagship programme designed to give educators, support staff and trainers opportunities to improve professional practice with ICT and critically examine significant issues. Our PhD, EdD and Masters students have a range of innovative and important topics.
Our achievements and projects include forward-thinking areas such as development of blended online learning across schools; tertiary and teacher education; innovative spaces; assessment; and new Literacies including e-learning for adults with literacy and numeracy needs.
We have strong ties with these international/national organizations in our field:
- Flexible Learning Association of New Zealand (FLANZ) inc. JOFDL scholarly journal
- International Federation of Information Processing IFIP WG 3.3
- Journal of Technology Pedagogy and Education – 20th anniversary issue edited by Niki Davis in 2011
- National Science Challenge, E Tipe ue rea: a better start
- Society of IT in Teacher Education (SITE) inc. journals JTATE, CITE
- UNESCO (UNESCO Paris & Bangkok offices; Institute of Statistics, Montreal)